How show a horizontal ruler that marks caret spaces

I constantly use the 'jump to line' shortcut (CTRL + G). But it is cumbersome having to guess the caret position (space) to jump to on that line.

Is there a way to enable a sort of horizontal ruler that displays the caret positions (spaces) from zero (far left) to say, 100 (far right) -depending on how wide your editor window is. It would look almost like the horizontal ruler at the top of the Microsoft Word editor.

Have a look at snap of the horizontal ruler of MS Word that i've provided.

Thank you for reading. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.