Rider ignoring custom Chrome user data directory

I am trying to debug my Blazor application in Chrome using a custom user data directory so that Rider opens a browser window with all my settings. I have added the path to my Chrome user data directory but each time I start the debugger RIder keeps using the blazor_debug_user_data directory. With that being said I do get the back-end Swagger API url to open in a Chrome tab with all my profile settings but the front-end opens in another tab without my settings.

 

I'm not sure if the fact that the API is open in an instance of Chrome is not allowing Rider to open my front-end app the way I want, I have no issue doing this using Firefox for other applications. All I want is to have the debugger not open a Chrome instance where my settings are not applied. I have followed the steps listed in the Rider documentation and I am not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

 

3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

Could you please share a screenshot of `Preferences | Tools | Web Browsers and Preview` settings page?

Do I understand right that you get this problem only during debugging and run works as expected?

 

K.R.

Rider

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Sofia Byzova,

 

So when I use run the application is still opening in Chrome without using my profile (not logged in and no settings or bookmarks being applied). The only differences between run and debug for me is when I use run the back-end API is opened in one tab and the front-end UI is opened in another tab; both of which do not use my Chrome profile.

 

When using debug the application still opens in Chrome without using my user profile but it opens the back-end and the front-end in 2 separate tabs. Also, when starting the debugger I see the notification bubble come up that says "Chrome user data dir: C:\Users\DylanDavenport\AppData\Local\Temp\blazor_debug_user_data1", even though I set the path for my custom user directory. I can't seem to figure out why Rider is not using my user directory.

This seems to be the debug user data Rider keeps defaulting to.

 

This is what I told Rider to use but for some reason it is still using the blazor debug user data. I have also tried removing the word Default from the end of the path but that did not work either.

 

These are my browser settings within Rider.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

It looks like it is a bug. I've filed an issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RIDER-69505. Please follow it for further updates.

1

Please sign in to leave a comment.