The debugger "step into" going to weird place

When trying to "step into" a method the debugger is following a direction that I didnt get, see the sample

A simple local instance of a NanonobotForm that has a method called StartUnite

See what happens when I try to step into this StartUnite method

What I'm doing atm is just manually entering on method and creating a breakpoint inside it and then resuming, but it comes with some problems when working with inheritance, and tbh is a pain in the ass

I think that I have changed some settings at some point or some update has caused it because it was initially working pretty okay but stopped at some point that I don't remember


Any help is welcome, thanks


Hello, does it help if you remove .idea folder in the solution directory?


Sorry for late answer, no, unfortunately it doesn't


Joao, any chance you could share a sample solution that we could investigate on our side?


sure, I just need help to do so


What sort of help? You can share your solution with us via support ticket(Help | Contact Support), YouTrack issue or upload it to our FTP. Of course, it is private and will be shared only with our team.


Okay, sorry for the dumb question but what exactly do I need to share, this is a Unity project, do I need to send the whole project?


Yep, that would be perfect.


Hey Olga Diakonova, the upload has finished right now, the id is

"Upload id: 2023_01_28_kweFwgNTEnDqniGF89baFg (file: nf.rar)"

I'll be waiting for news, thanks for your time


Hi Joao Gavron

Thank you for sharing the solution. 

However, I'm not sure this is a code-dependent issue. It could be caused by somе settings in your environment. 

While we try to reproduce the issue, could you please check one more thing? Please create a small sample unity app and try the same steps you described. Will there be the same results?

Also, what Rider version do you use? Is the behavior the same if you try the latest Rider EAP? Have you already tried `File | Invalidate caches => Invalidate and restart`? 



Hi Alexandra Guk, sorry for the late answer

1. I tried it on a sample project and it worked as expected - using Rider 2022.3.1 (the same from OP)
2. Updated to 2022.3.2 and used it on OP project - the problem persists
3. Installed rider 2023.1 EAP3 and used it on OP project - the problem persists
4. Tried - `File | Invalidate caches => Invalidate and restart` on Rider EAP - the problems persists



Hello Joao,

Thank you for reporting the issue, I have created a corresponding record on our bug tracker: RIDER-89898 The issue is handled by a dedicated developer there. Please upvote it and click on Watch to monitor the progress of the issue.

Let me know if you have other questions. Have a good day!


Please sign in to leave a comment.