Hi there -
I can't seem to figure out how to get useful syntax highlighting working in Rider. I've just switched over from Visual Studio to try Rider out with an Unreal 5 project.
In this image, you can see I'm getting highlighting for comments, keywords and strings just fine. However, classes, functions, variables are all staying as white in the editor, though interestingly are colored correctly in all popups when I mouseover. Unused local variables also get colored, but not to any of the colors I've setup through settings, just to a theme default.
Here's what I've tried:
- Changing colors in Editor->Color Scheme->Language Defaults
- Changing colors in Editor->Color Scheme->C++
- Changing themes from Rider Dark to Rider Light
- Deleting my Unreal cached folders (like intermediate, .vs, etc) and rebuilding
- Creating a brand new Unreal 5.1 project, adding a single Class in the Editor and then Configuring and Opening Rider from inside Unreal (with the Rider plugin enabled)
- Changing inspection highlight levels and confirming that inspections are running
- Resetting all Rider settings and repeating all of the above
- Building a quick C# .Net Core project, and noting that all syntax coloring works just fine in C#
That's it though - I'm out of ideas :)
Does anyone have anything obvious I might have missed here? Thanks in advance for your help!