Right now, an early preview version of Rider 2021.2 with full native M1 chip support is available. This version has no x64-to-ARM64 translation. It uses the following runtimes:
- The Apple Silicon–compatible JBR (JetBrains Runtime) for the frontend.
- The .NET6 RC1 for the backend.
You can download the latest build (build 213.3714.460) here:
You can also download dotTrace Command Line Tools, dotMemory Command Line Profiler, and dotCover Command Line Tools builds that are compatible with Apple Silicon chips.
- There is limited support of the Xamarin framework on M1 chips. We plan to introduce further improvements in the next major release of Rider. Please follow this feature request, and do not hesitate to add comments and upvote.
Since the Rider 2021.2 "Apple Silicon" Edition is in an early preview stage, please consider the following:
- Every new build will expire after 30 days.
- Update notifications and patch updates are NOT available.
- NO installation and NO updates via the Toolbox app are possible.
- We are going to publish a new build at least every four weeks and update the link in the Download section above.
- The build is based on the same branch used for the regular Rider 2021.2 releases.
- There is no ETA for the release build. It depends heavily on the .NET6 release schedule. It’s likely that we will still deliver new builds as early preview even after releasing the general Rider 2021.2 RTM.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. Please let us know what you think about Rider 2021.2.1 "Apple Silicon" Edition and whether you experience any issues with this early preview. Use any of these feedback channels to share your feedback with us:
- Click the "Submit a request" button at the top of the page to contact our support team.
- File a request directly to our public bug tracker.
As this is pre-release software, the stability of builds presented here, as well as their applicability for certain purposes, may (and most probably will) vary.
Please use the builds at your own risk.