In order to investigate a problem with the IDE, Rider team can ask to enable detailed logging using log trace scenarios. Trace scenarios enable logging for particular subsystems, which sometimes help to investigate a performance problem or a bug in the IDE. On the other hand, enabling all possible logging by default can slow down Rider and produce gigantic log files. Don't forget to disable trace scenarios when you don't need them anymore.
Here are the steps to collect Rider logs with a specific trace scenario:
- Navigate to `Help | Diagnostic tools | Choose Trace Scenarios` (`Help | Log Trace Scenarios...` in older versions) or `Get Help | Choose Trace Scenarios` on the Welcome screen;
- Enable the required Trace scenario and press OK;
- Reproduce the issue, collect the full log bundle via `Help | Collect logs`;
- Disable the Trace scenario;
- Share the log bundle with Rider team using this how-to.